Song facts: Come and Get It
Paul McCartney produced Come and Get It for the Apple group Badfinger on August 2nd 1969. McCartney wrote and recorded the song while the Beatles were still working on Abbey Road, but none of the other Beatles made any contributions.
On July 24th 1969, after arriving early at Abbey Road Studios before a Beatles' recording session, McCartney recorded the demo on which he played all the instruments. Paul gave the song to Badfinger on the condition that they record it just like he played it for them in his demo; which was later released on Anthology 3 in 1996.
- Paul McCartney — double-tracked lead vocals, piano, maracas, tambourine, drums, bass, handclapping
- Tom Evans - Lead Vocals, Bass Guitar
- Pete Ham - Piano, Backing Vocals
- Joey Molland - Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals
- Mike Gibbins - Drums, Percussion
- Paul McCartney - Percussion, Production
Badfinger enjoyed success with the song as a single, reaching number four on the UK singles chart and number seven in the US.