Live: Civic Arena, Pittsburgh
On September 14th 1964, the Beatles touched down at Greater Pittsburgh Airport for their one and only performance in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; playing to over 12,600 fans.
4,000 people turned out to greet the Beatles at the airport, where the boys were quickly whisked into their waiting limousine and driven away with a large police escort.
5,000 more fans awaited their arrival at the Civic Arena, where Pittsburgh police struggled to contain the mania. Police insisted the concert producers hire 100 policemen at a cost of $50 per officer; making protecting the Beatles a rather costly endeavour.
The hysteria in Pittsburgh reached such a pitch that no hotel would accommodate the band, and they didn't spend the night.
The set lasted 30 minutes, which was standard for their 1964 American shows.
- "Twist and Shout" (John Lennon)
- "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "I Saw Her Standing There" (Paul McCartney)
- "You Can't Do That" (John Lennon)
- "All My Loving" (Paul McCartney)
- "I Wanna Be Your Man" (Ringo Starr)
- "She Loves You" (John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "Till There Was You" (Paul McCartney)
- "Roll Over Beethoven" (George Harrison)
- "Can't Buy Me Love" (Paul McCartney)
- "This Boy" (John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison)
- "Long Tall Sally" (Paul McCartney)