Live: State Fair Coliseum, Indianapolis
On September 3rd 1964, the Beatles performed two shows at the State Fair Coliseum in Indianapolis.
Their first performance was watched by 12,413 fans and the evening show was greeted by nearly 17,000 people, earning the Beatles over $85,000 for both shows.
"Indianapolis was good. As we were leaving, on the way to the airport, they took us round the Indy circuit, the 500 oval, in a Cadillac. It was fantastic. I couldn't believe how long the straightway was; and to be on the banking and see all the grandstands was great."
- "Twist and Shout" (John Lennon)
- "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "I Saw Her Standing There" (Paul McCartney)
- "You Can't Do That" (John Lennon)
- "All My Loving" (Paul McCartney)
- "I Wanna Be Your Man" (Ringo Starr)
- "She Loves You" (John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "Till There Was You" (Paul McCartney)
- "Roll Over Beethoven" (George Harrison)
- "Can't Buy Me Love" (Paul McCartney)
- "This Boy" (John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison)
- "Long Tall Sally" (Paul McCartney)