Song facts: Dig It
On January 26th 1969 The Beatles recorded Dig It, which was later released on Let It Be in 1970. It has the distinction of being one of the few songs credited to all four Beatles.
On this day The Beatles produced a 15 minute jam; 51 seconds of which were used by Phil Spector after he was given the Let It Be sessions to produce an album. But between January 24th and 29th there were several versions of the song recorded.
Both Dig It and Maggie Mae were omitted from the Beatles' Let It Be... Naked album, released in 2003. In their place was a rooftop performance of Don't Let Me Down.
- John Lennon – lead vocals, six-string bass – Fender Bass VI
- Paul McCartney – vocals in full version, piano
- George Harrison – vocals in full version, lead guitar – Fender Telecaster
- Ringo Starr – drums
- Billy Preston – Hammond organ
- George Martin – maracas
- Heather McCartney – vocals in full version