Album facts: A Hard Day's Night (US)
The American album version of A Hard Day's Night was released in the US by United Artists Records on June 26th 1964. This was the soundtrack to The Beatles' debut film and their fourth US album, released two weeks before the UK version and featuring a different track listing.
The US album features all seven songs from the film, including four orchestral instrumentals composed by producer George Martin, and I'll Cry Instead; which was originally recorded for the film but ended up being cut at the last minute.
The album went to number one on the US Billboard Albums Chart on July 25th 1964, and spent 14 weeks there; the longest running number one album of 1964.
- A Hard Day's Night
- Tell Me Why
- I'll Cry Instead
- I Should Have Known Better (orchestral instrumental)
- I'm Happy Just To Dance With You
- And I Love Her (orchestral instrumental)
- I Should Have Known Better
- If I Fell
- And I Love Her
- Ringo's Theme (This Boy) (orchestral instrumental)
- Can't Buy Me Love
- A Hard Day's Night (orchestral instrumental)
- John Lennon – vocals; acoustic and electric (six and twelve-string) guitars; piano; harmonica; tambourine
- Paul McCartney – vocals; acoustic and bass guitars; piano; cowbell
- George Harrison – vocals; acoustic and electric (six and twelve-string) guitars; claves
- Ringo Starr – drums and percussion
- George Martin – piano, record producer